Last Updated: May 21, 2019
This Oculus for Business Limited Warranty (this “Limited Warranty”) is issued by Facebook Technologies, LLC located at 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025 (“Oculus”, “we”, “our” or “us”), to you as an organization (“you” or “your”) that purchased from Oculus, or an authorized reseller, in an Oculus Territory, the new, unopened Oculus for Business head-mounted display product(s) and other Oculus accessories included in the head-mounted display packaging, which may include, as applicable, any power adapters, controllers, relaxed facial interfaces, eyeglass spacers, and charging cables (collectively, the “Warranted Product”).
This Limited Warranty is provided as part of the Oculus for Business Enterprise Use Agreement (the “Agreement”) and you are subject to the terms of the Agreement. Capitalized terms that are used but not defined in this Limited Warranty will have the meanings given to them in the Agreement.
- Scope. We warrant that the Warranted Product will, under normal and intended use, function substantially in accordance with our technical specifications or accompanying Warranted Product documentation (the “Warranted Functionality”) during the Warranty Period. If and to the extent the Warranted Product needs Oculus’ software or services to achieve the Warranted Functionality, we will make and keep such software and services available to you during the Warranty Period. We may update, modify, or limit such software and services in our sole discretion so long as we continue to maintain (or exceed) the Warranted Functionality. This Limited Warranty does not cover any Services or Software provided in connection with the Warranted Product.
- Other Terms and Conditions.
- Registration and Software Update. As a condition of your coverage under this Limited Warranty and before making any Limited Warranty claim, you must (i) register the Warranted Product and (ii) update the relevant Software to its latest version. You may be required to provide to Oculus proof of purchase of the Warranted Product upon registration or making any Limited Warranty claim.
- Territory. This Limited Warranty is valid and enforceable only in the Oculus Territory where the Warranted Product was purchased. A Warranted Product can only be returned to be repaired under this Limited Warranty from such Oculus Territory. Warranty service availability and response times may vary in the different Oculus Territories.
- Warranty Period. This Limited Warranty continues for two years from the date of original purchase of the Warranted Product from Oculus or an authorized reseller (the “Warranty Period”). The Warranty Period for any Warranted Product repaired or replaced hereunder will continue until the later of (i) the expiration of the original Warranty Period, and (ii) ninety days following your receipt of the replacement or repaired Warranted Product. In the event (A) the term of the Agreement expires under Section 7(a) of the Agreement or (B) this Limited Warranty is terminated under Section 7(b) of the Agreement, the Warranty Period will end that at the same time.
- Remedies. If your Warranted Product does not meet or exceed the Warranted Functionality, we will either repair or replace that Warranted Product (or applicable portion thereof) or refund you the amount you paid for that Warranted Product. The approach taken to resolve any issues will be at our sole choice. If we determine that a Warranted Product should be replaced, the replacement may be a new or remanufactured (refurbished) Warranted Product, or a newer model of, or comparable product to, the purchased Warranted Product. This Section 3 sets forth your sole and exclusive remedies for any breach of this Limited Warranty.
- Claims Submission. Claims for this Limited Warranty must be submitted through https://business.oculus.com/support within the Warranty Period.
- Shipping and Processing. If it is necessary for you to send your Warranted Product to us for service, we will provide you with a pre-addressed shipping label, and you will have to send the Warranted Product to us using that shipping label. You may be required to pay the cost of shipping the Warranted Product to us. When we receive the Warranted Product, we will determine if the Warranted Product does not achieve the Warranted Functionality. If we find that such Warranted Functionality is not achieved, we will repair or replace the Warranted Product to provide the Warranted Functionality (or as described in Section 3, refund to you the price you paid to purchase the Warranted Product), and we will send the repaired Warranted Product or a replacement Warranted Product, if any, to you at our cost. We may not return the original Warranted Product to you. If you send us a Warranted Product without providing (or having previously provided) a valid proof of purchase, then we will return the Warranted Product to you at your cost, subject to prepayment, or, if such costs are not prepaid, we will keep the Warranted Product for 30 days for your pick-up before it is disposed of.
- Preparing Warranted Product. You must back-up and delete all data, including confidential and personal information, stored on the Warranted Product prior to sending it to us. We cannot guarantee or warrant the security or confidentiality of data or programs you send to us and you do so at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to repair the Warranted Product without risk to or loss of programs or data, we are not responsible for any such loss of programs or data, and any replacement Warranted Product will not contain any of your data that was stored on the original Warranted Product.
- Exclusions. This Limited Warranty is not applicable to, and you will have no rights hereunder with respect to: (a) normal wear and tear; (b) damage caused by excessive use, misuse, accident (e.g., accidental physical impact, exposure to liquid, food, or other contaminants, etc.), neglect, abuse, improper storage, improper or unauthorized repair or other modification, tampering, or use with unsuitable equipment, devices, software, services, or other unauthorized third-party item(s); (c) use not in accordance with the Warranted Product documentation; (d) refurbished products except those provided under Section 3; (e) a Warranted Product purchased from sources other than Oculus or an Oculus authorized reseller; (f) third party products, including third party products sold on the Oculus for Business website, User Content and Third Party Content; (g) use of the Warranted Product in violation of any laws, regulations or ordinances in effect where the Warranted Product is used; (h) a Warranted Product not currently running the latest version of Oculus-issued software; (i) damage caused by the acts or omissions of any third party collaborator; or (j) features or performance parameters pertaining to any software or services beyond the Warranted Functionality of the Warranted Product. This Limited Warranty does not include any specific guarantees that the Warranted Product will be error-free, timely, uninterrupted, secure, or that data loss will not occur. This Limited Warranty is void if (i) a Warranted Product is returned with removed, damaged, or tampered labels or any alterations (including the unauthorized removal of any component or external cover) or (ii) you uninstall any Oculus-issued software from the Warranted Product. This Limited Warranty does not cover data loss; it is your responsibility to back up your data, electronically or physically, on a regular basis if you wish to retain your data, and you expressly acknowledge that Oculus may delete any data remaining on the Warranted Product in order to provide warranty service. Any damages or costs related to data recovery, removal, and installation are not recoverable under this Limited Warranty.